About This Guide
This guide outlines resources for clinical faculty who have faculty privileges to Radford University's McConnell Library.
How to Use This Guide
- Click on relevant tab above for information you desire.
- Some of the tabs are links.
- URL links in this LibGuide will either open a new window or tab depending on your browser. To get back to the LibGuide close the new window or tab.
IMPORTANT: Many library resources and services will require that you login. Use your RU email username (omit the @radford.edu) and password.
What's in this Guide?
Article Resources - Recommends relevant databases.
Finding Full-Text - Describes how to locate the full-text of articles found while searching a database including:
- How to access online articles.
- How to request a scanned copy of an article available only in hard copy.
- How to request a free copy of an article from a journal McConnell Library doesn't have through InterLibrary Loan.
Journal Finder - allows you to search for a specific journal in McConnell's Collection.
How to Use the Journal Finder - describes how to find full-text for a citation that you did not find in a database using the Journal Finder.
McConnell library's collection:
- How to searching e-books
- How to request an item be pulled from the shelf and held for you.
- How to renewing items online.
- How to search library collections throughout world
- How to requesting books from other libraries (free service)
Interlibrary Loan - service that allows users to order items not owned by McConnell Library such as books and journal articles. This is a free service.
- How to request purchase of library materials.
- How to put items on reserve for your students.
- How to request a library instruction session for students
- How to request an online LibGuide like this one.
Need Help - Provides hours and contact information for reference librarians.
Reference/Instruction & Distance Ed. Librarian
Chat with RU Librarians is offline.