The library offers the following self-guided online workshops for graduate students. The majority are in D2L - You can self-register for our online D2L modules for graduate and undergraduate students by following thse instructions. These modules combine short instructional videos with self-paced activities and auto-graded quizzes.
If you do not want to go through an entire module you can also select a relevant video below.
D2L Modules & Select Videos
- APA for Graduate Students - The APA module is designed to provide you with information about using APA to cite your sources.
- Avoiding Plagiarism - The module covers what plagiarism is and how to avoid it.
- Selecting Databases for Graduate Students - The module covers why utilizing different library databases in the course of your research is useful, how to locate and navigate the list of McConnell Library’s databases and how to select appropriate databases for your paper or project.
- Identifying Original Research Articles for Graduate Students - The module covers how to identify an original research article, including article characteristics and format.
- PICO for Graduate Students - This module provides an introduction to PICO, an effective search strategy that is used when searching for evidence-based medicine research.